So, it would be SUPER easy to skip today's blog post for the challenge. Super easy.
But, it's also probably the day I most need to challenge myself to persevere.
Today's prompt: List 10 things you love about yourself.
I find it super annoying when people toot their own horn. I feel like your positive traits should be shown and not told. I'm also not a fan of self-deprecation. Unfortunately... I'm really good at it. Way better at it then self love. And that needs to stop. I mean nothing good comes belittling others... or ourselves.
I realize I am not perfect. Not by a long shot. And, I don't strive to be. There are certainly areas of my life that need some BIG improvements. I need to work harder on those areas. But... I also have lots of redeeming qualities. So... as awkward as this is... hopefully it will do my psyche some good today.
1. I love my husband. A lot. I'd like to think I show my gratitude and love by being a good wife.
2. I've been blessed with good hair (and LOTS of it). Granted, it's mostly in a top-knot or bun. But, on the rare occasion I do something with it... I love it.
3. I love my friends and family. I don't show emotion well. But... you'll never have a bigger/better ally.
4. I'm funny. At least I think and I'm funny. And my friend and family seem to play along.
5. My memory and sense of smell are ON POINT. These are both a blessing and a curse.
6. I know a lot about football. And I'm passionate about my teams (even though it's sometimes painful to watch).
7. I think I have a good eye for design and I love being creative.
8. I think I'm a smart cookie. I am self taught with lots of things. Including algebra.
9. I love to read. It makes me sad when people say they don't like to read. I don't understand!!!
10. I take my job as "cool Aunt" VERY SERIOUSLY. I love my nieces and nephews so much!!
|silly faces work every time!|